How can you become involved in your local church?
We want to be involved with you in our local community.
You may have some ideas of activities that we could help you with. This could involve some of our members working alongside to help you launch a project. Or maybe just help with support and guidance providing facilities instead. We may not have members with the level of expertise or time commitment you require. However, we may be able to help in other ways by pointing to others that want to support you.
In addition, we have a range of meeting rooms that could be used to help a local group get established. For example,
- you may be wanting to start a group to put on a show or drama group. Our Church Hall has a large stage area that could be used.
- you may be wanting to organise a tea and chat group for local people. We have a fully fitted kitchen and a sitting area that could be ideal for you.
- how about a meeting room for committees/small groups to use. We have a committee room we already use for that express purpose. But it is only used currently about 6 times a month. It may be ideal for you!
We offer a range of other groups which meet either in our church building or local homes. Maybe one of them will help you settle in and get to experience another kind of activity.
How can we help you get to improve your life here in Garthdee?
Existing groups that use our facilities you may want to join with them
- Badminton Club – S1 to S6 age range. However, if you have some friends who are outside this range (above or below) please contact us. We may be able to add another badminton club meeting just for you.
- RGU Students Connect Fellowship. We have a student group meeting on a Sunday evening to discuss the Christian faith, especially how it applies to modern day life as a student, in your chosen career. Even if you are not a student but want to know more we may be able to help you.
- Aberdeen Garthdee Girls Brigade. Did you know Garthdee has the largest girls brigade in the Aberdeen area? It caters for three distinct age groups and is looking for new members. Get in touch here to find out more.
- Living The Questions study group. Discusses the Christian faith for the 21st century Discover more about Living the Questions here.